- Grind or blend onions, garlic, candlenuts, dried chillies, galangal and ginger. Set aside.
- Season chicken with turmeric powder and salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Deep-fry chicken pieces until browned and cooked. remove and drain.
- Leave 4 tablespoons of oil in the wok. Sauté cinnamon, cardamom pods and lemon grass. Add ground ingredients and fry until fragrant.
- Add fried chicken, tomato paste/ketchup and evaporated milk/coconut cream. Stir well to coat chicken and simmer until gravy thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Garnish as desired and serve with Special Tomato rice.
You may also like