- Short crust pastry: Sieve flour and milk powder into a mixing bowl.
- Put salt and shortening and mix on slow speed for 1 minute to a crumble consistency.
- Add all the cold water and mix on slow speed for 1 minute to a smooth paste.
- Relax and cool the pastry for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Sheet out pastry to 3 mm thick and cut with a round cutter.
- Brush the edges with egg and add cold filling to the centre.
- Fold and crimp edges to form the traditional pastry.
- With a stick or a fork, prick holes to allow steam to escape, egg wash and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 230°C.
- Filling: Cut potatoes, carrots and onions into cubes.
- Boil carrots for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then add the potatoes and boil together for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the water from the carrots and potatoes with a sieve.
- Oil the pan. Fry a little bit of garlic, small onions and ginger until golden brown. Add the large onions and continue frying. Then add chicken and fry a little longer.
- Next add carrot and potatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add green peas and cook, followed by salt, chicken powder and mushrooms.
- Make slurry with water and corn flour and add to the above.
You may also like