Chicken and Potatoes Mini Pizza
Dairy products have been a favourite in many parts of the world – and for very good reasons too. For example, a glass of milk can provide the nutrients and energy needed to sustain you throughout the day.
Recently, Fonterra Brands Malaysia shared ways for Muslims to incorporate dairy into their diets.
Fonterra consultant dietician Nurul Aziah Musa said the fasting month is a good time for people to refocus their attention on nutrition, and be more aware of the foods they are putting in their bodies to support long-term health and wellness.
“Meal planning is exceptionally important for those going on the fast. To sustain energy levels and stay hydrated throughout the day, you need to get a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and fluids,” Nurul Aziah said.
Together with Nurul Aziah, Fonterra cooperative affairs manager and chairman of the halal committee Manisya Ismail shared recipes for sahur and iftar at a culinary demonstration using the range of Fonterra dairy – including milk, butter and yoghurt from Anlene, Anchor, Fernleaf and CalciYum.
This Chicken and Potatoes Mini Pizza recipe is a healthier twist to the usual curry puffs and is perfect as a snack for children when breaking fast. This recipe and photo are courtesy of Fonterra Brands Malaysia.
- 200g chicken breast meatboneless and cut into cubes
- 3tbsp curry powderadd water to form into paste
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1big oniondiced
- 3cloves garlicminced
- 1cm gingerminced
- 400g potatoescut into cubes
- 3tbsp milk powdermix well with 1 cup warm water
- Some curry leavesminced
- salt to taste
- Asian-style Braised Beef With Orange
- Fishy snack: Crispy Ikan Bilis
- Salad recipes to help use up leftover Easter eggs
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Chicken Breast With Pappardelle And Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Tapioca with Sweet Potato Fries
- Buka Puasa Buffet with Aneka Rasa at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
- Roast Chicken Croquette with Tomato Chutney