Nothing beats the smell of chicken and beef satay grilled to perfection accompanied with a bowl of peanut sauce. This recipe is courtesy of Mission Foods.
- 4 Curry Wraps
- 3 stalks lemon grass (finely sliced)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 g sugar
- 3 tbsp oil(50 ml)
- Additional 2 Tbsp oil – for frying
- 500 g chicken breast (with skin and bone removed)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Satay Sauce Dip
- 60 g vegetable oil
- 200 g crunchy peanut butter
- 60 ml natural vinegar such as apple cider(4 tbsp)
- 30 g soft brown sugar
- 6-8 lettuce leaves (washed and patted dry)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3t bsp Thai chili sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Combine the sliced lemon grass, shallots, turmeric, sugar and oil in small food processor and blend to make a fine paste.
- Cut chicken breast into 2cm X 8cm strips and pour marinade over.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cut cucumber into long strips 1 cm thick and 8 – 1cm long. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil on non-stick frying pan and cook half the chicken strips for 3 – 4 minutes per side – till slightly charred around the edges but centre is still juicy. Remove and cool on a plate. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil and cook remaining pieces likewise. To make Mission tortilla wraps pliable, place each wrap on a well-heated frying pan for 10 seconds. Turn and heat other side for another 10 seconds.
- Lay 1 – 2 lettuce leaves on a tortilla wrap and place chicken and cucumber strips in the centre. Roll up tightly. Cut each roll into neat 3 cm slices and secure each piece with a toothpick.