- 1 cup couscous
- 1¼ cup fresh chicken stock
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chicken stock granules
- 300g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Place couscous in a casserole.
- Bring fresh chicken stock to a quick boil. Add salt and chicken stock granules. Stir to mix. Pour over couscous. Add chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over very low heat for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir through with a fork to separate the grains. Add chopped coriander and stir again. Top with almonds and currants. Serve immediately.