- 250 - 500g of your favourite fish, use whole or sliced
- 1 level tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper, powder or crushed (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp yogurt (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Mix a marinade with the spices, garlic and ginger paste, yogurt, salt and coat the fish. Leave it to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour or more if possible.
- The fish can be grilled or fried.
- Note: I have used this marinade for Talapia, Siakap and other fresh water fish as well.