- 50g young ginger, coarsely chopped
- 6 red chillies
- 5 bird's eye chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 calamansi, peeled, seed removed and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp chicken fat oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine ginger, both chillies, garlic and calamansi in a food processor. Process until fine.
- Pour blended ingredients into a bowl. Adjust with seasoning to taste.
- Use the sauce as a dip for Hainanese steamed chicken, as an accompaniment for Hainanese chicken rice or for any deep-fried meat dish.