- Heat oil in a saucepot, fry garlic till golden and aromatic.
- Add chicken, prawns and mushrooms. Stir-fry well.
- Put in yam beans and carrots. Fry well.
- Add seasoning and cook covered for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Dish out filling ingredients and drain well on a colander.
- Place a piece of popiah wrapper on a plate.
- Put a heaped tablespoon of filling on the wrapper.
- Roll up popiah and seal the edge with flour mixture.
- Coat popiah rolls with beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry till golden and crispy.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce.
To make sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients together and add a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.
You may also like