- Dry the grated coconut in an oven until you get a crisp texture.
- Blend the cardamom, preserved ginger, black pepper and cumin. Add this mixture to the dried coconut and fry until they turn light brown.
- Prepare the green peas flour in a large pot and add in the previous mixture.
- Then, boil the brown sugar with very little water and add it to the flour. Stir evenly.
- Roll the dough into grape-size balls. Set aside.
- Next, combine the rice flour and plain flour with some salt and water, and stir well until you get a thick consistency. Add saffron if you want a light yellow tinge.
- Dip the balls into this mixture and deep fry in hot oil. Remove when the outer layer is a golden yellow.
You may also like