This recipe is best with
- 135g butter
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 40g sultanas
- 50g chocolate chips
- 40g hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease baking trays lightly with corn oil.
- Cream butter, sugar, essence and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Fold in sifted flours, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and add in hazelnuts, sultanas and chocolate chips. Mix well to combine.
- Shape teaspoons of the mixture into small limesized balls. Place balls on prepared trays and gently flatten the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the cookies in the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.