This recipe is best with
- 120 gm butter
- 120 gm margarine
- 180 gm brown sugar (you can also use half brown sugar/ castor sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon or orange juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon or orange rind
- 300 gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 120 gm banana - mashed
- 90 gm walnut - chopped
- 120 gm semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease baking trays and line with greased baking paper. Preheat the oven to 190 ºC.
- Cream butter and margarine together. Add sugar, mashed banana, vanilla essence and salt. Beat until creamy. Add in lemon / orange juice and rind.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix and combine well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto prepared trays, allowing space for cookies to expand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.