- Spoon the paste into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle and pipe finger lengths, about 5cm long onto a lightly oiled and floured baking tray.
- Leave about 3cm space between each éclair, as they need space to puff up in the oven.
- Important: Just before baking, sprinkle over a few drops of cold water (this helps ensure a good rise in the oven).
- Bake the éclairs for about 20 - 25 minutes. They should be golden brown and well-risen.
- Remove from the oven and pierce each éclair with a trussing needle or the point of a sharp knife, so that the steam can escape without making the pastry soggy. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
You may also like