This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 110g soft brown sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 195g plain flour
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 85g chocolate chips
- 50g macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease baking trays.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until creamy. Blend in egg to mix. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together, and add this to the butter and egg mixture with the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop the mixture using a tablespoon onto prepared baking trays, spacing the cookies about 4-5 cm apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave cookies on the tray for 5-6 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.