Ingredients is not available.
- Blanch the almonds, then remove and place them on double layers of paper kitchen towels. Pat dry and roast them in a preheated oven at 150°C160°C for 1015 minutes or until lightly browned. Chop the almonds coarsely.
- Put hazelnuts on a shallow baking tray and roast in preheated oven at 160°C for 1520 minutes or until the skins begin to darken. Remove, cool slightly then rub the hazelnuts to loosen the skins. Chop the hazelnuts coarsely. Put sifted dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and add in the chopped nuts and mixed peel.
- Combine honey, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a gentle low heat to dissolve the sugar. When sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- After this stage, simmer the mixture at a rolling boil without stirring until it comes to a soft ball stage. To test, drop a little mixture into a small bowl of cold water. When the mixture forms into a soft ball, the consistency is correct.
- Put the soft ball of sugar mixture into the flour-and-nut mixture to combine, working into it rapidly. Transfer the combined mixture to a lined baking tray. Spread out evenly with the back of a wet spoon and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 4045 minutes or until cooked through. Cool the cake in the tin, then cut into slices.