This recipe is best with
- 200g plain dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 190ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 60ml cream
- 1 tbsp rum liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp butter
- Combine chocolate, water, sugar and essence in a double-saucepan over boiling water. Place over low heat and simmer until the chocolate has melted. Leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cream, butter and rum. Stir well to mix. Serve immediately.
- Chef´s Note: The chocolate sauce can be stored in a clean jar for 1-2 weeks.