- To do Chocolate Center, Heat cream in a saucepan. Add chocolate and stir until it has melted and combined with cream.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and press the plastic on to the chocolate to prevent a skin from forming.
- Keep chocolate refrigerated for 1 hour until it is firm.
- For Pearl Tapioca, Soak tapioca in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the water.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add milk, cream, sugar, orange zest and vanilla bean.
- Add in the small tapioca pearls and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
- Keep mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until it sets.
- Using your hands*, shape mixture into golf ball sizes and flatten.
- Insert a spoonful of the chocolate into the center and reshape the ball.
- Place them on a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oil in fryer to 180 degrees Celcius (350°F).
- Dredge each ball into flour. Then, dip into egg mixture and then roll in the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Drop each ball in the hot oil. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain and transfer to a plate that is lined with paper towel.
- *Chef's Tip: When rolling and handling tapioca, wet your hands with water to prevent mixture from sticking to your hands.
You may also like