- Clean and pick over oysters, using one-third cup cold water; reserve liquor, and add oysters slightly chopped.
- Clean and pick over clams, reserve liquor, and add to hard part of clams, finely chopped; put aside soft part of clams.
- Heat slowly to boiling point clams and oysters with liquor from both, strain through cheese cloth.
- Scald milk with onion, mace, parsley, and bay leaf; remove seasonings, and add milk to stock.
- Thicken with butter and flour cooked together, add soft part of clams, and cook two minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
You may also like