- Mix the instant coffee granules and hot water together. Sift the superfine flour and baking powder together twice.
- Line the base of an ungreased 23cm chiffon tube pan with nonstick parchment.
- Whisk egg yolks, half portion sugar, rum liqueur, hazelnut liqueur, milk and instant coffee mixture unit light and fluffy. Beat in corn oil and lightly mix in sifted flour until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and remaining sugar until fluffy and stiff. Carefully fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture until well combined. Add in raisins to mix.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven at 175°C for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert pan immediately and leave to cool completely. Run a palette knife around the sides of the pan then peel off the lining paper.
You may also like