This recipe is best with
- 350g high-protein flour
- 15g milk powder
- 7g instant yeast granules
- 3g salt
- 75g sugar
- 150ml cold water
- 35g butter
- 8g instant coffee powder
- 1/8 tsp coffee essence
- 70g raisins
- 1 egg yolk combined with 1 tbsp water
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in milk powder, salt, sugar and yeast. Combine the coffee powder, coffee essence and water, and add to the dry ingredients with the butter.
- Turn on the food processor for 15 minutes and mix into a dough. Add raisins and continue to knead into a smooth and pliable dough.
- Allow dough to rise for 30-40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Knock the dough down by turning on the food processor for a minute or until dough is smooth.
- Remove dough and roll into a long roll. Divide into 8-10 equal portions. Shape into round balls.
- Place buns well apart on a greased baking tray. Allow to proof for 25-30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Glaze with beaten egg yolk. Bake in a pre-heated, 210°C oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.