- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp milk
- 125g butter
- 40g cream cheese
- 100g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp coffee paste
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 50g blackcurrants
- Combine coffee granules and milk in a small bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add dissolved coffee mixture, coffee paste and vanilla essence.
- Sift plain flour and bicarbonate of soda together and stir into the wet mixture followed by walnuts and blackcurrants. Mix into a dough.
- Roll out dough to 3-4mm thick and cut out with a star shaped cookie cutter. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes or until golden.