This recipe is best with
- 100g All Purpose Flour
- 100g Self-Rising Flour
- 25g White Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- A pinch of Fine Salt
- 7g Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 150g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 100g Water
- White Sugar as required
- Roasted Chopped Peanuts as required
- Creamy Sweet Corn as required
- 100g Anchor Colby & Cheddar Shredded
- 100g Anchor Salted Butter (Room Temperature)
- Mix all ingredients for the batter in a bowl, make sure it well combines, smooth & no such lumps.
- Transfer the batter in a covered container, rest the mixture at room temperature for 45minutes, or until you can see small bubbles appears.
- Prepare a 9” non-stick pan, using a low heat up & brush with a thin layer of Anchor Salted Butter on the surface of the pan.
- Whisk again before adding the mixture using a ladle into the heated pan, ensure the batter are well spread.
- Cover the pan for around 3minutes, take off the cover see if you can see any small bubbles appears. Sprinkle with sugar all over the cooked batter, chopped peanut, sweet corn lastly spread around 2tbsp of Anchor Colby & Cheese.
- Cover the pan again for around 1 minute or until the crust is nicely golden brown. Add a few Anchor Salted Butter all over on the toppings.
- Take out the prepared Apam Balik from the pan, fold into 1/2, brush with Anchor Salted Butter. Cut, serve & enjoy!
- Note: You may also use chocolate spread, peanut butter, or even pandan kaya for the filling.