Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Syakirah Nur for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“My family and I love to eat Kuih Bakar Pandan either having for breakfast or tea time. It have the great crust outside with moist and slightly dense inside. I love to elevate the rich taste of Kuih Bakar pandan by add on the Anchor Cream Cheese inside it. What I can say, my family sneakily finish one whole cake within an hour! Will repeat to cook this cake whenever I got fun time with my family.” – Syakirah Nur
- 250 gram Anchor Cream Cheese
- 5 tbs castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Pandan essence
- 7 drops green colouring
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seed
- Bake sesame seed for 5 minutes at 200°C and put aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until combine and fluffy.
- Put eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Put coconut milk.
- Put pandan essence and green colouring.
- Put all purpose flour and continue combine every ingredients together.
- Bake at 250°C for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seed on top of the burnt cheesecake after 10 minutes bake.
- Chill and ready to serve!