Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Jasen Lim for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Creamy rich baked cheesecake, to get a good taste of burnt cheesecake, use high quality of Anchor Cream Cheese to get a greater result. Topped with Lotus Biscoff spread & biscuit, is so decadent and delicious.” – Jasen Lim
This recipe is best with
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Lotus Biscoff spread
- 200g Anchor whipping cream
- 20g cake flour + 10g corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Lotus Biscoff spread and biscuits
- Thaw Anchor cream cheese for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Using a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, Lotus Biscoff with caster sugar and invert sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly mix in eggs, followed by whipping cream and lastly, flour.
- Turn to very slow speed and mix until the batter become smooth (no bubbles) - approximately 5 minutes
- Pour mixture into 7inch/18cm round cake mould (lined with parchment paper)
- Bake at 210 C for 45 minutes * (without fan)
- Let cool in the tin fully on a wire rack to allow the cheesecake to set.
- Store cheesecake in fridge after this time period is over until chilled, then you can go on to topping and decorating it.
- Microwave the lotus spread for the topping for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through. You want it to be runny and melted
- Pour the lotus spread over the surface of the chilled cheesecake, using a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Garnish the top with extra whole lotus biscuits if desired, then place back in the fridge just until lotus spread has set. Serve cold straight out of the fridge.
Baking the cheesecake:
Topping the cheesecake: