Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Gheniya Ghafar for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Bubur kacang hijau or mung bean porridge is one of my favourite dessert. Burnt cheesecake also my favourite kind of cheesecake. So why not we combine these two dessert in one. Let’s try out this recipe. This recipe also great with leftover bubur kacang hijau.” – Gheniya Ghafar
- For cheesecake
- 250 g Anchor cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 75 ml pandan juice
- 4 tbsp potato starch
- For bubur kacang hijau
- 200 g mung beans
- 500 ml fresh coconut milk
- 200 g palm sugar, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp jaggery
- Pinch of salt
- 1 knotted pandan leaf
- Rinse the mung beans and put them in a bowl.
- Soak the beans overnight.
- After soaking overnight, rinse the beans and put in a small pan covering with water.
- Add the palm sugar, jaggery, pandan leaf and salt.
- Bring to boil the beans with medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the beans soft.
- Lower heat and add in fresh coconut milk. Turn off the heat.
- Let it cool to room temperature before add in the batter.
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Butter the inside of a 6 inch round baking pan. Line parchment paper into the bottom of baking pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar using a hand or stand mixer.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time on low speed.
- Mix pandan juice on low speed.
- Pour the coconut cream in a slow and steady stream while the mixer is on low speed. Once smooth, add flour and salt and fold to combine.
- Add in bubur kacang hijau and fold to combine.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until the top is completely burnt and it has a slight jiggle to it.
- Let it cool to room temperature for about an hour then remove from the pan and slice.