This recipe is best with
- Ingredients for Dough:
- 225 g Bread Flour
- 5 g Baking Powder
- 3 g Salt
- 40 g Castor Sugar
- 40 g Raisins
- 55 g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 75 g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- Egg Wash:
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 g Salt
- 5 g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the sugar and mix well.
- Mix the flour and the butter together then stir in the raisins.
- Whisk milk and egg together and add this to the sifted ingredients.
- Chill the dough for about 1 hour in the fridge before using it.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, using a round cutter cut them and arrange it on a baking tray.
- Beat together the ingredients for egg wash and brush together mixture on top of each scones.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden and firm.