To prepare chilli crab stick mac
- Cook macaroni as per instruction. Set aside and let it cool.
- Heat cooking oil in the pot on medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant, add in crab stick and sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Turn heat down to low and add in tomato sauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, Anchor Processed Cheddar Cheese and macaroni, stir well until cheese is melted.
- Mix Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream with tapioca slurry together, add into pot cook on very low heat until it thickens. Off heat, let it chill slightly then add in Anchor Extra Stretch Mozzarella mix well to distribute it
- Transfer to a bowl or container and chill until set.
- When mac & cheese is set, portion to 25g.
The breading process
- Crush potato chips with a rolling pin, or use a food processor to blend them
until it's similar to breadcrumb size. Transfer to a tray/plate.
- Set another tray/plate for flour and eggs.
- Coat the mac & cheese bombs with flour, then dip into eggs, then bread it with potato chips. Repeat to do double coating for each mac & cheese bombs. Keep in the chiller to let it set, or keep in the freezer until needed.
- Prepare deep-frying oil to 175 C. Fry the mac bombs until golden brown. Fry them in batches. Enjoy!