Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Yogeswary for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Coconut banana sago burnt cheesecake is a twist that combines banana, coconut and sago, which is classic beloved Malaysian dessert known as pengat pisang (also known as warm banana coconut soup). It is really delicious and easy to prepare as well.” – Yogeswary
- 500g Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 150g castor sugar
- 150g eggs
- 200g Anchor whipping cream
- 8g all purpose flour(Shifted)
- 2g corn flour
- 200g sago(cooked)
- 150g Coconut cream
- 3 nos. Banana
- Preheat the oven for 250°C and prepare 7" round mould with parchment paper.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Then add in the eggs one at a time and scrape down the sides of the bowl.continue beat until well combined.
- Add in whipping cream and coconut cream and mix until combined.
- Then, add in all purpose flour and corn flour and mix until smooth.
- Lastly, add in the banana and sago into the batter and using spatula to fold in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake until burnt-like texture and still jiggly in the centre for 60+- min.