Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Norlida binti Muhammad or the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- Basic burnt cheesecake
- 430 g cream cheese (softened and cubed) anchor brand
- 40 g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 270 g whipping cream brand (anchor brand)
- 20 g cake flour
- Coffee mixture
- 2 tablespoon coffee (brand gantang)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- Roselle jam (topping)
- 1 cup roselle bud
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- Preheat oven (180 ᵒC) for 30 minutes
- Let the eggs and the cream cheese being at room temperature.
- Line a 7 inches round cake mold with parchment paper
- Put all ingredient into the pan and let it simmer while stir the mixture (5 minutes)
- Blend it
- Reheat the mixture until it become thick and let it cold at room temperature.
- Stir coffee and sugar with warm water
- Set aside and let the temperature down to the room temperature
- Add flour and stir until it mixes properly. Put aside
- Beat cream cheese and sugar (medium speed) until it smooth (± 2 minutes) to form a batter and put aside.
- Beat whipping cream in another mixing bowl until soft peak, then add the batter (in step 1). beat it (medium speed) until mixes properly.
- Add eggs one by one into the batter while beat it (medium speed) until fully incorporated
- Add vanilla essence and lemon juices.
- Add flour to the batter and beat it until it combined.
- Add 2 spoon of the cheesecake batter into the coffee mixture*, and mix it thoroughly
- Pour the batter into the cake mold, the make small hole in the middle of the batter and gradually pour the coffee mixture* into it
- Bake at 180 ᵒC for 45 minutes
- After the cheesecake is cooked, let the cheesecake set to the room temperature and put it in the refrigerator.
- Pour the roselle jam.
- Ready to serve
Roselle jam (topping)