This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Red Curry Fish Filling:
- 350g fresh fish paste
- 100g thai red curry
- 60g long bean, sliced
- 2g kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 5g thai basil, sliced
- 2g red chilli padi, sliced
- 3g sugar
- fish sauce, to taste
- Eggplant Roll:
- 30-34 slices long eggplant
- 210g Anchor Extra Stretch+ Mozzarella
- all-purpose flour, for coating
- cooking oil, for frying
- 100g rice flour
- 100g potato starch
- 5g baking powder
- 2g salt
- 150g cold water
- 50g cooking oil
- coriander leaf
- red chilli, julienned
- lime wedge
- Mix everything together, set aside until needed.
- Using a slicer, slice long eggplant into 1mm thick. Trim eggplant slices into 1" x 7" strips.
- Line 5 eggplant strips on chopping board, spread fish filling on eggplant until evenly covered.
- Sprinkle Anchor extra stretch+ mozzarella evenly, roll up the strips individually, tidy up both ends with spatula. Arrange on tray, wrap with food wrap and allow to chill for 30mins to allow it to firm up.
- Mix batter ingredient in a mixing bowl.
- Coat eggplant roll with flour, then coat it with batter.
- Fry in a 180°C pre-heated deep frying oil, for 3-4mins or until lightly golden brown. Strain crispy eggplant roll and place on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaf, red chilli and serve with lime wedge. Enjoy!
To Prepare Fish Filling:
To Assemble Eggplant Roll:
To Deep Fry: