- Preheat oven at 165 °C.
- First, brew Earl Grey tea leaves with hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, put in the eggs, sugar, invert sugar and Earl Grey tea leaves and pulse to combine.
- Sift all dry ingredients and add into the 1st mixture and pulse until just combine.
- Add in the warm melted butter and pulse until mixture is mixed well. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Transfer the batter in a bowl and then add in the chocolate. Mix well.
- Fill 400g of batter into a 500g rectangular butter cake mould.
- Bake for 40 minutes and check if the cake is well cooked by using a skewer.
- When finished baking, immediately remove from cake mould and brush all sides with hot sugar syrup.
- Wrap tightly with cling wrap when still hot, and leave in room temperature to cool down.
- *pipe a string of butter on top the middle of the cake surface before baking to help it nicely open crust when baking.
You may also like