Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Thusha Ranee for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- Cake ingredients
- 480 grams cold Anchor cream cheese
- 1 cup Anchor UHT whipping cream
- 1 cup coconut cream (I used Kara)
- 3 large eggs (cold)
- 180 grams granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons gula melaka syrup (see recipe below)
- 15 grams flour
- 15 grams cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon pandan essence
- 5 tablespoons chendol
- Gula melaka syrup ingredients
- 500 grams gula melaka
- 200 ml water
- pandan leaves
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to the 450 degrees F* (230 C).
- Line a 9 inch cake tin with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients except the chendol to a blender. Blend until smooth. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Now add the chendol and give it a quick stir.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and drop the tin a few times to release air bubbles.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. If the top is not burnt enough, add an additional few minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into pieces and serve with the Gula Melaka syrup.
- Boil all ingredoients in a pot.
- Sieve syrup to remove impurities.
- Syrup can be refrigerated.