This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Chicken Filling:
- 500g minced chicken thigh
- 200g cabbage, diced
- 25g spring onion, sliced
- 3pcs shiitake mushroom, diced
- 1.5pcs garlic, finely chopped
- 10g ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- blackpepper, misc
- chilli oil, misc (optional)
- Harumaki (Spring Roll):
- 15pcs spring roll wrapper
- 15pcs prawn, deveined
- 400g Anchor Extra Stretch Mozzarella +
- corn slurry, misc
- To Fry:
- cooking oil, misc
- kitchen towel, misc
- To Serve:
- Takoyaki sauce, misc
- Japanese mayo, misc
- Furikake, misc
- Bonito Flakes, misc
- In a bowl, put all ingredient and seasoning together, mix with a circular motion until filling comes together and sticky, set aside.
- To straighten the prawn, on the underside of the prawn make a few slit, with slit side down press prawn firmly from both ends until slightly straighten.
- Cut square spring roll wrapper into triangle.
- Set the wrapper on table, place a spoon of filling then 26g mozz last top with prawn, tail side sticking out at the long side of the wrapper.
- Apply a thin layer of corn slurry on the edges, fold 1 side of the wrapper over like a book, then begin rolling, making sure all sides are sealed.
- Put enough oil in pot to shallow fry, heat up to 180°C. Use a thermometer to check or do the chopstick test.
- Fry for 5-6mins or until golden brown, drain it on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Continue the rest of the harumaki.
- Arrange harumaki on plate, drizzle with takoyaki sauce and japanese mayo. Sprinkle with furikake and top it with bonito flakes, enjoy!