This recipe is best with
- For Mochi Skin:
- 30g Wheat Starch
- 150g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 40g Fine Sugar
- 10g Cooking Oil
- 280g Water
- Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 400g Anchor Cream Cheese (Thawed)
- 30g Castor Sugar
- Other Ingredients:
- 200g Red Bean Paste
- 200g Pandan Lotus Paste
- 200g Dauyong Paste
- 40 slices White Bread
- 30g All Purpose Flour
- 50g Water
- Whipped Cream:
- 100g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 18g Icing Sugar
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into a greased tray and steam over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Take out from steamer & let it cool.
- Thaw the cream cheese at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the thawed cream cheese with castor sugar.
- Mix well using a hand blender or by simply using a fork, set aside.
- Remove the white bread crust.
- Place 1 slice of white bread on a chopping board.
- Then add 30g of flatten paste on the centre the bread.
- Next add 20g of cream cheese mixture.
- For the last layer of filling, add 30g of pre-cut steamed mochi.
- In a small bowl, add flour & water. Mix with spoon, this will act as glue between the breads.
- Brush each side of the bread with the liquid flour mixture (glue).
- Cover with another layer of trimmed white bread.
- Seal by slowly pressing the side of the bread using a fork.
- Deep-fry for around 3 minutes or until both sides turns golden brown.
- Serve it with a bowl of sweetened whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Note: All flavoured paste can be purchased at bakery ingredients store.
For Mochi Skin:
Cream Cheese Mixture: