This recipe is best with
- Sweet Crust:
- 165g Anchor Unsalted Butter, cold cubes
- 95g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- A pinch of salt
- 270g all purpose flour
- Pastry Cream(Custard):
- 300g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 70g sugar
- 4 egg yolk
- 25g corn flour
- 80g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven at 175 °C.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix cold butter, sugar, salt and flour together until crumbly and the butter well coated with all the ingredients.
- Add in egg yolk mix until become a dough. Rest the dough for 20 minutes in a fridge.
- Scale 16g of dough into tart shell mould 2.5inch diameter and 0.6 inch height then line evenly.
- Put the tarts in a freezer for 30 minutes.
- Then bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown colour.
- Using a medium sauce pan, bring milk and vanilla essence to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolk and sugar until well. Then add in corn starch to mix well.
- Pour 1/3 part of the hot milk into the egg mixture and immediately mix well. Continue to mix in the remaining hot milk.
- Bring the mixture back to saucepan and cook until bubbling. (whisk constantly during cooking, the custard should be thicken and become glossy)
- Remove from the heat and immediately add in the soft butter. Mix well.
- Trasfer the custard in a clean bowl, cover with cling film by touching the custard surface and allow to cool.
- Using a piping bag to pipe the cold custard into tart shell then garnish on top with fresh fruits.