This recipe is best with
- Matcha Roll
- 100g All Purpose Flour
- 200g Bread Flour
- 150ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 7g Sugar
- 5g Instant Active Yeast
- 3g Salt
- 8g Green Tea Matcha Powder
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 40g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Egg Wash
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 5ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- Warm up the milk to around 30ºC. Add in Yeast and sugar. Wait for around 10 minutes for the yeast to rise and become frothy or bubbly.
- In a mixing bowl, sieve together all purpose flour, bread flour, matcha powder.
- Add in the yeast mixture, brown sugar and egg into the mixing bowl knead until the dough is firm and doesn't stick to the bowl.
- Add in the butter and continue kneading until a smooth and elastic dough is form.
- Allow it to rise, then punch down to remove all the bubbles.
- Divide it into 60 grams of dough each
- Cut butter in cube around 10g each.
- Place butter in between dough and shape it and allow to rise again
- Apply egg wash
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown
- To make the egg wash combine both ingredients together