Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of SooBin Ong for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- Coconut crumbles
- 50g all purpose flour
- 30g castor sugar
- 30g dessicated coconut
- Salt 1/3 tsp
- 30g cold butter
- Gula Melaka Burnt Cheesecake
- 450g Anchor cream cheese (soften at room temperature)
- 3 A size eggs
- 145g gula melaka (crushed and melted over bain marie)
- 270g Anchor whipping cream
- 20g flour
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in cold butter, use a fork to crush the butter into pieces in the flour mixtures.The mixture should be forming crumbs and hold together when pinched. Rub the crumbs into small pieces.
- Bake at 190c preheated oven for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Melt the crushed gula melaka over bain marie and let it cool to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer to cream the cream cheese together with melted gula melaka until incorporated.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time into the cheese batter, do not over mix.
- Pour in whipping cream and mix well.
- Gently fold in sifted flour until no lumps.
- Prepare 6 inch round mould with baking paper. Bake at 230c preheated oven for 30 mins. The top should be golden brown and wobbly in the middle.
- Let the cheesecake cool down at least 2 hours before refrigerated it.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 6 hours. Before served, sprinkles the crumbs on top. Coconut and gula melaka are perfect combo.