This recipe is best with
- 250g White sugar
- 200ml Water
- 80g Anchor Salted Butter
- Other Ingredients:
- 130g All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 4 Eggs (A) size
- 250g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- For the caramel, add sugar into a pot and melt it until caramelized using low heat, add in water only after sugar already melted and brown, mix well all to combine.
- Add Anchor Salted Butter into the melted sugar mixture, mix well until combines, and set aside until completely cools down.
- Sift the mixture of flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a bowl, stir in eggs, sugar and vanilla essence, then add in the flour mixture, set aside.
- Mix the caramel into the prepared batter, pour into a baking tray, and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 140°C. Bake the cake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until the whole cake is completely cooked.
- Only cut the cake after the whole cake completely cools down. Enjoy!