This recipe is best with
- Madeleine Cake Batter:
- 1 lemon zest
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 whole eggs Grade B
- 275g caster sugar
- 250g low protein flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 250g Anchor Salted Tinned Butter
- 15g honey
- Lemon Icing Glaze:
- 100g icing sugar
- 20g lemon juice
- Melt butter and set aside to cold down to room temperature.
- In a bowl, using a hand whisk to combine lemon zest, vanilla, eggs and sugar.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and then add into the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Keep in the chiller to rest for 2 hours minimum.
- Using the Madeleine shape mould, pipe the batter inside and then put some semi-dry prunes on the middle.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 8 - 10 minutes.(depending on the size)
- *Immediately when the cake is cooked, brush the surface of the cake with Lemon Icing Glaze while still hot. Then bake again in the oven for few second until the icing is dry.
- Combine all ingredients together. Set aside.
For the Madeleine Cake Batter:
For The Lemon Icing Glaze: