Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Roziyah Mohamed Aslam for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Burnt Cheesecake – Let’s make it Malaysian-Lahhh presenting – “Melaka” Burnt Cheesecake.. From the word “Melaka” you can guess what my burnt cheesecake represent for,, one of my favourite Kuih well known as Onde – Onde besides called Kuih buah Melaka.. Combination of pandan, grated coconut and gula melaka syrup in and out the cheesecake brings the taste of Onde – Onde besides the real taste of the burnt cheesecake.. It taste so delicious!!” – Roziyah Mohamed Aslam
- Ingredients A
- 200g Anchor Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp kastor sugar
- 2 egg (Grade B)
- 115ml thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut powder
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp coconut pandan emulco / pandan emulco
- 1 tsp green colouring
- Ingredients B
- 100g palm sugar
- 100g water
- Pandan leaf
- Ingredients C
- 100g Anchor cream cheese
- 50g coconut powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanila essence
- Grated coconut *
- Put palm sugar, water and pandan leaf in a pot.
- Cook until thickened ** Precaution : stir throughout the process of making syrup to avoid it burnt.
- Stir cream cheese until it is not lumpy, then add kastor sugar.
- Once the batter will combined, add egg one by one and mix well.
- Next, add coconut milk, coconut powder and grated coconut in the batter, then mix well.
- Lastly, add in coconut pandan emulco / pandan emulco and green coloring
- Method 1 : Bake the batter for 30-40 minutes in 200C
- Method 2 :divide batter into two part and bake each part for 20-25 minutes in 200C. ** Once the cake is ready, refrigerate for about an hour or two hours.
- Stir the cream cheese until it is not lumpy then add the Palm sugar syrup and Vanila essence; mix well.
- Once it turn creamy, add coconut milk and coconut powder then mix well.
- Method 1 : Put the palm sugar syrup on the cake, then put the coconut cheese cream.
- Sprinkle grated coconut and palm sugar syrup.
- Arrange some "Onde-Onde" on top of the cake
- Method 2: Repeat method 1 on the next layer on the top.