This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- Kimchi Mayo:
- 120g kimchi
- 200g mayonnaise
- Garlic Soy Glaze:
- 30g cooking oil
- 30g garlic, chopped
- 70g soy sauce
- 60g honey
- 15g white vinegar
- 10g brown sugar
- 10g sesame seed
- Fried Chicken:
- 1kg boneless chicken thigh
- 6g salt
- pepper, misc
- 8g ginger, grated
- 200g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 120g frying flour
- 120g frying flour (for dredging)
- cooking oil, misc
- Condiments (1 portion):
- 1pc burger bun, toasted
- 20pcs green salad
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- 30g nyonya acar
- 50g Anchor Extra Stretch Mozzarella +
- To Prepare Kimchi Mayo:
- Mix everything together and blend with a hand blender. Keep in fridge until needed.
- To Prepare Garlic Soy Glaze:
- Heat a sauce pot on medium high heat, add cooking oil and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce, honey, white vinegar and brown sugar, let it boil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Set aside.
- To Prepare Fried Chicken:
- Mix all ingredients (1 to 6) allow to marinate for at least 30mins or overnight for better flavour.
- Prepare deep frying oil at 170C.
- Dredge the marinated chicken with frying flour and fry for 5-7mins. Remove from oil, place fried chicken on a rack, reheat oil to 180C.
- Once temperature has risen, re-fry chicken for 1-2mins, remove to rack to drip off excess oil. Coat with few tbsp of garlic soy glaze.
- To Assemble:
- Spread kimchi mayo on the burger bun heel. Add tomato slices, then Korean fried chicken.
- Melt Anchor Extra Stretch Mozzarella + on a pan or microwave, pour on chicken.
- Top it with nyonya acar then green salad, lastly the burger crown with some kimchi mayo. Enjoy!