This recipe is best with
- Brined Chicken
- 250g Water
- 20g Garlic
- 16g Salt
- 20g Sugar
- 2pcs Star Anise
- 1pcs Cinnamon
- 1sprig Thyme
- 250g Ice Cubes
- 4pcs Boneless Chicken Breast (200g/pcs)
- misc, Salt And Pepper
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 1sprig Thyme
- Carrot Puree
- 500g Carrot, Thin Sliced
- 100g Water
- 80g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 2g Salt
- 30g Lemon Juice
- 1nos Green Apple, Match Stick
- 4tbsp Walnut, Toasted
- 4tbsp Raisins
- 200g Mixed Salad/Kale
- 3tbsp Olive Oil
- misc, Salt & Pepper
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- Bring all ingredients to a pot (except for ice and chicken), heat it up on low heat just to melt the salt and sugar. Remove from heat and add in ice cubes.
- In a container, arrange chicken breast and pour the brine just enought to submerge the chicken breast meat and not over the skin.
- Leave it uncover overnight (8 - 12 hours). Next day, remove and pat dry with kitchen towel. Set aside until needed.
- Put everything into a pot, bring up to boil on high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat to cook the carrots until super soft add a splash of water if needed to cook longer. Cook until almost all liquid are evaporated
- Blend everything in a blender, adjust the acidity with lemon juice to your liking, check seasoning and adjust accordingly. Warm it up before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180C, remove chicken from firdge 30mins before cooking. Arrange chicken breast on line baking tray, after 30mins in room temperature, place chicken into oven in middle rack and bake it for 7-8mins.
- Remove chicken from oven, heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat, pat dry chicken skin with kitchen towel, lightly season with salt and pepper, seared the chicken skin side down for 5-6mins, turn heat down if browning happens too fast.
- After skin is crispy and golden brown, flip the chicken breast over, add in anchor unsalted butter and thyme, using a spoon baste the chicken with butter for 1-2mins. Remove chicken from pan and rest on a plate while preparing the plate.
- Toss all salad ingredient in a mixing bowl, check seasoning accordingly.
- Spoon puree on plate, top with salad then chicken and serve, enjoy!
Prepare Brine Chicken 1 Day Ahead
To Make Carrot Puree
To Cook Chicken