Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Sheela Jayaraj for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 530g Anchor cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- 125g Anchor whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 90g coconut milk
- 20g all purpose flour
- 3.5 tbsp fresh pandan extract
- 4 drops pandan essences (optional)
- Make fresh pandan extract by blending 9 pandan leaves with 70 ml of water in a blender. Sieve and extract 3.5 tablespoon of it’s juice and keep aside
- Add Anchor cream cheese to your electric cake beater with the castor sugar. Beat them till combined and creamy.
- Then add the Anchor whipping cream till well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time n beating at each addition till all mixed well.
- Then mix in your fresh pandan juice and pandan essence if using.
- Add in the coconut milk and whisk till combined.
- Whisk in all purpose flour till mixed well.
- Sieve the batter into your 8 inch springform cake tin lined with parchment paper and run a wooden chopstick through your batter to break the air bubbles in it.
- Bake the cheesecake in a 200 degrees celcious preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let your cake cool to room temperature in the cake tin and then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove your cake from the tin, slice and enjoy it with a cuppa!