This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 120g egg whites
- 2g cream of tartar
- 200g castor sugar
- 2g vanilla essence
- 3g white vinegar
- 5g cornstarch
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 125g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 4g castor sugar
- 120g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 3g vanilla essence
- Honey Caramel Sauce:
- 100g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 200g honey
- 250g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 5g sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 130 deg C
- In a bowl, whip up the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar until pale and glossy
- Subsequently, add in the vanilla essence and white vinegar
- Lastly, gently fold in the corn starch till no lumps are visible
- Once done, transfer the meringue into a piping bag and pipe it onto a lined baking tray. Starting with a 4" circle and then gradually on the edges, like a round basket.
- Once done, bake them in the oven for at least an hour at 110-120 deg C. Turn off the oven and you could also keep the meringue in the oven to dry overnight
- In a bowl, add softened Anchor Cream Cheese and beat until smooth
- Add in sugar and continue beating till smooth
- Gradually pour in the cold Anchor Whipping Cream and vanilla. Whip till the mixture thickens. Set aside
- In a pot, add Anchor Unsalted Butter and honey. Cook over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened or darken in color.
- Add Anchor Whipping Cream and allow it to come to a boil.
- Stir in the sea salt and set aside to cool.
- When meringue is cooled, take 1 piece and pipe with cream cheese frosting
- Add sliced red fruits on top, and pour honey caramel on the side/all over.
- Decorate with toasted nuts, or as desired.