Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Maliga Veelmurugan for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Simple and yummy cake. First time I baked a burnt cheesecake.” – Maliga
This recipe is best with
- Ingredients for Red Bean Paste
- 500g red bean ABC
- 250g granulated sugar
- 20g cooking oil
- 30g Rice flour
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 500g cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 5 eggs – grade A
- 20g plain flour
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sock 500g red bean ABC overnight.
- Boil the red bean ABC with 2000ml water, reduce to low heat, cook for 2 hours.
- Let cool and blend the red bean ABC until smooth.
- Sieve for smoother red bean ABC paste on pan.
- Add on red bean abc paste sugar, salt, cooking oil, rice flour and water.
- Mix all ingredients to medium heat, stir constantly for 30-35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200oc. Butter pan, then line with overlapping sheet of parchment, making sure parchment comes at least 2” above top of pan on all sides.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with medium-low speed, scraping down sides of bowl, until very smooth, no lumps remain, and sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, beating each egg 15 seconds before adding the next. Scrape down sides of bowl, then reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Add whipping cream, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the mixer, sift flour evenly over cream cheese mixture using a fine-mesh sieve. Beat on low speed until incorporated, about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to beat until the batter is very smooth and silky, about 10 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan by layer, first pour cream cheese. Next, pour red bean paste. Lastly, pour cream cheese.
- Let cool for 12 hours completely. Carefully peel away parchment from the sides of the cake.
Instructions for Red Bean Paste:
Instructions for Cheesecake: