This recipe is best with
- 200g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 180g castor sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 ripe bananas (pisang rastali), mashed
- 275g self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Grease and line a 22cm cake pan. Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Beat Anchor Unsalted Butter, essence and sugar together until light and creamy. Add eggs - one at a time - beating well after each addition.
- Stir in milk, lemon juice and bananas. Continue to beat for another minute. Sift self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda together. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Add in walnuts and stir till combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until cake is done when a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.