Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Pegie Kay for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“A good Malaysian- theme Burnt Cheesecake contest. So I decided to transform this very Malaysian type of kuih. Kuih Seri Muka is a popular dessert among Peranakan in Malaysia , the meaning of “seri muka” is “pretty face”. To fulfill the “pretty face”, the upper layer of this kuih should be very smooth and shining and the glutinous rice layer have to b very thigh and full with coconut milk taste. The original pandan layer of this “Seri Muka” has change to pandan coconut burnt cheese cake layer, substitute the whipped cream to thick coconut milk, which is most important ingredients of the” Taste of Malaysia”. The taste of this combination of burnt cheesecake with the glutinous rice was absolute perfect. It had the perfect burnished, deep brown top, with the dreamy creaminess and a slight ooze in the middle- Syok nya!” – Pegie Kay
- Glutinous Rice Layer:
- 200g Glutinous Rice (soaked overnight)
- 100g Light Coconut Milk (70g thick coconut milk + 30g water)
- ¹/² teaspoon Salt
- 3 Pandan Leaf
- 35g Thick Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon Butterfly pea flower extract
- Pandan Burnt Cheesecake Layer:
- 140g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 35g Castor Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 50g Thick Coconut Milk
- 20g Pandan Leaf Juice
- 8g Superfine Flour
- Light Coconut Milk, salt and pandan leaf mix well with drained glutinous rice and steam in medium heat for 20min.
- Put in thick coconut milk and steam again for 10min
- Pour in the butterfly pea flower extract randomly into the steamed glutinous rice ,transfer to 6" mould and press hard then steam for 10min
- Done steamed, and let cool.
- Gently Whipped the Cream Cheese until creamy texture then add in sugar continue wipped until smooth
- Add in egg and mix well
- Add in Coconut Milk and pandan leaf juice and mix well
- Add in sieved super fine flour and mix until everything well combined
- Sieve the well combined batter into the Glutinous Rice Layer and ready for bake.
- Baking time: ( Top heat )220°c for 30min