This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 60g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 35g icing sugar
- 25g egg, beaten
- 150g cake flour
- 250g egg, A size
- 250g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 120g castor sugar
- 40g corn flour
- 8g vanilla essence
- Dried Strawberry Powder (to garnish)
- In a big bowl, mix butter with icing sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, mix & stir until smooth before sifting in cake flour. Mix all ingredients well, but not to overwork it.
- Place the dough in cling wrap round & flatten, keep in chiller for 2 -3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the dough from chiller, place the dough on parchment paper the cover with one more layer of parchment on top, shape it round and flatten using rolling pin.
- Place the round shape dough in lightly floured tart casing & trim the sides.
- Poke with fork all over the bottom surface of pie dough in tart casing.
- Layer with pre-cut round parchment paper & top with baking beans.
- Bake for 10minutes, remove the baking beans & parchment paper & bake again for another 10minutes using the same temperature.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool down.
- Prepare a double boil & preheat oven at 180°C.
- In a bowl, add in egg, cream, sugar, sifted corn flour & vanilla essence.
- Mix all ingredients until well combine then strain to ensure there's no lumps.
- Double boil the mixture until slightly thickens.
- Pour the vanilla custard mixture into prepared tart casing.
- Bake the tart with filling for 20minutes.
- Remove from heat & let it rest on wire rack.
- Dust with strawberry powder, Enjoy!
Vanilla Custard Filling: