This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 300g all purpose flour
- 6g baking powder
- 2g baking soda
- 3g salt
- 55g whole egg
- 15g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 130g Anchor Full Cream Milk
- Mix all the ingredients together to become a dough then rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, knead and fold the dough to get a smooth surface.
- Shape the dough to rectangular then rest for 4 hours or keep in chiller overnight.
- Sprinkle flour on the table to prevent sticking, roll the dough into long strip and cut into 2.5-3cm wide.
- Dip chopsticks in water and draw a line in the middle, take another piece stick together.
- Preheat the oil in 190C, pull the dough before put into the oil.
- After the cakoi float up, keep turning over. When they are set an no longer expand, then do not turn them over and let them fry a little longer on one side. Then, turn them over and fry the other side.