This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 200g Anchor Full Cream Milk, cold
- 25g white vinegar or lemon juice
- 227g Anchor Unsalted Butter, small cubed
- 10g baking powder
- 1g baking soda
- 8g salt
- 10g caster sugar
- 420g all purpose flour
- 80g dried cranberries
- 55g honey
- 25g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 175˚C. Mix cold milk and vinegar, keep chill until needed. Milk will thicken, stir well before use. In a mixing bowl, weight all dry ingredients together including dried cranberries.
- With a stand mixer, using paddle attachment, add cold butter into dry ingredients and mix until it become sandy texture. Is ok to have big chunk of butter, just flatten it with hand.
- Pour in milk mixture, with a spatula fold everything until just combine. Do no over mix it.
- Transfer dough on work table, dust the table with flour if needed, using your hand and pat it down with the help of a dough scraper to form a square shape about 2cm thickness. Cut into 4 pieces and stack them together roll it out, lightly dust your rolling pin and table top with flour if needed. Let it rest in freezer for 10mins and now prepare the glazing.
- And make glaze heating up the honey to almost boiling, add knobs of butter gradually while whisking it until emulsify, set aside until needed.
- Roll the dough into 2cm thick, cut into desire shape. Arrange on lined tray, distance the biscuits around 2cm away. Apply honey butter glaze on the biscuit, bake for 30-35mins or until golden brown. Rest biscuit on a cooling rack, before serving apply more glaze if desire. Enjoy