Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Malek Amin, aka DadBakerKL, for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 110g Castor Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 300g Durian flesh
- 20g Corn Starch
- 200ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- Firstly, deseed 300g of durian flesh into a bowl.
- Smash the durian flesh using fork until it turns into a silky paste form.
- Add 500g of Anchor Cream Cheese into a bowl and beat it with a hand mixer until it smoothen
- Add 110g of castor sugar into the cream cheese batter and mix them well until the sugar granules dissolve
- Gradually add 5 eggs ( one at a time) into the batter
- Add the durian flesh into the batter
- Add 20g of corn starch into the batter and mix evenly
- Add 200ml of Anchor Whipping Cream and mix evenly
- Pour the batter into 8inch tin. Make sure the tin is covered with parchment paper
- Tap the tin to release the trapped bubble air in the batter.
- Bake the batter for 40 minutes with temperature 180C upper and 160C (I am using 100L oven with separate temperature to get the burnt effect on top)
- Once removed from the oven, let the cake cools down for about 2 hours and refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours before serving
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and place the cake on a cake tray
- The cake is now ready! Enjoy…